Healthy relationships are ones that bring out the best in you. Even though no relationship is perfect, healthy relationships make you feel good almost all of the time and bring you up - not down. Chris Rock once said, "When you meet someone, you don't meet the real person, you meet their representative." Couldn't be more true! What makes a healthy relationship? It is when two people develop a connection based on:
- 9 Indicators You're in a HEALTHY Relationship / Stephanie Lyn Coaching.
- 13 Rules For Being Alone And Being Happy About It / Tyler Tervooren.
- A Good Love / Unknown. Someone sent this to me years ago. It's a great list of 23 values and traits a healthy relationship should have.
- Art of Relating: How to Create Healthy Relationships / Alan Robarge. In this video, Relationship Coach and Psychotherapist, Alan Robarge, presents the imagery of emotional tennis as a metaphor for emotional engagement. This reciprocity of attunement is at the heart of good relating. We need to be engaged in the back-and-forth exchange in order for our body's felt sense to experience connection.
- Attachment and Differentiation - Healthy Relationships / Alan Robarge. On this video, Alan Robarge, Relationship Coach and Psychotherapist, talks about Attachment Theory and Attachment Styles. Specifically, he names the styles of Secure, Preoccupied-Anxious, Avoidant, Ambivalent, and Disorganized.
- Don't Trust His Words. Don't Trust His Actions. Trust His Patterns / Derrick Jaxn. Protect your heart for 90 days and don't ignore the red flags! Actions are like a cup of water. Patterns are like a stream of water. "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." ~Maya Angelou
- Gottman Institute / John Gottman. Dr. John Gottman has revolutionized the study of marriage. For nearly four decades he has conducted research on all facets of relationships, including parenting issues.
- Healthy Dating & Healthy Boundaries Are Possible! / Ross Rosenberg & Lindsey Ellison. In this video they talk about various topics about healthy dating, setting healthy and effective boundaries, and building a self-love abundant future (opposite of Self-Love Deficiency).
- Healthy vs Unhealthy Relationships | Tips to Healthy Love / Stephanie Lyn Coaching.
- Knowing Your Non-Negotiable Deal Breakers / Terri Cole. Terri breaks down boundaries to help you learn how to communicate your preferences and desires early and often in a relationship and (most importantly) how to identify your non-negotiable deal-breakers.
- Let's Talk About Boundaries with People - Stuff We Were Never Taught / Stephanie Lyn Coaching.
- Making Relationships Work / Dr. John Gottman. Here’s the science behind happy relationships! Dr. Gottman outlines the findings, tools and techniques that have helped thousands of couples from around the world build a “Sound Relationship House.”
- Narcissistic vs. Healthy Relationships / Dr. Ramani. A relationship with a narcissist is always rough and feels like you have to always try hard to make things work. Issues never run out. But a healthy relationship is smooth and simple. Nothing extra and very comforting.
- Power Thoughts on Love and Relationships / Louise Hay. Listen to this rare recording of the late Louise Hay sharing her power thoughts on self love and empowering advice on romance, love, and relationships. Her main message: Love yourself first so you can more fully love others.
- Responding vs. Reacting - How to Avoid the Narcissist's Trap / Inner Integration with Meredith Miller. Responding vs. reacting is one of the most important things to understand when dealing with a narcissist or other Cluster B personality. Learning to respond instead of reacting is also a very valuable life skill and a sign of emotional maturity. Meredith explains how narcissists try to provoke your reaction in order to get narcissist supply and how to avoid giving it to them.
- Why You Will Marry the Wrong Person / Alain de Botton.